TENTATIVE GUIDELINES FOR REOPENING 1.16.21
- Staff will follow illness policy including temperature checks and 24-hr wellness standard
- Staff will wash/sanitize hands prior to/at the conclusion of and between classes
- Staff will have limited direct physical contact with children (spotting is limited to necessity for all instructional classes)
- Staff will be diligently trained on procedures and prepared to enforce any distancing protocols
- Staff will adhere to PPE requirements if set by the New Jersey Dept. of Health
- Employee travel will be monitored and isolation following travel will adhere to NJ DoH recommendations
- Staff to disinfect and sanitize in preparation for ‘return to work’
- Use of EPA registered cleaning solutions and other recommended products effective against Covid-19 throughout the building prior to open and throughout each day
- All surface areas will be disinfected/sanitized multiple times daily once reopened
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout building accessible and monitored for refill
- Drop Off/Pick Up only; No adults allowed in building except staff.
- Athletes and parents will wait to be called into the building to ensure physical distancing and traffic flow
- student ratios and stations will be modified in class programming to adhere to any requirements released.
Prior to Class & Practice
- Students will sanitize/wash hands upon entering the gym
- Employees will have disinfected/sanitized all equipment, entrance and exits points of program and common areas
- Anyone entering the gym will be temperature checked; anyone who appears ill or who has a temp over 100.4 will be sent home
During Class & Practice
- Athletes will sanitize/wash after every rotation
- Lesson plans will be modified to omit partner activities
- Lesson plans will be modified to limit use of props. Props will be sanitized after each use
- Stations and activities will be modified to allow safe distance between children
- Porous surfaces such as carpet squares and bean bags will be temporarily taken out of use
- Each athlete will keep chalk in their personal plastic container (TEAM)
- Grips will be kept in separate bag to be carried on their person rotation to rotation (TEAM)
After Class & Practice
- Athletes and parents will use exit first to control flow prior to next class coming in
- Staff will begin disinfecting/sanitizing all areas of their department immediately to get ready for next class
**As guidelines and reopening restrictions are released from NJ Officials, this document will be updated to reflect those changes.
Dear Giant Families,
It's been 45 days since we made the incredibly hard decision to close the facility. When we referred to“challenging times” we had no idea the meaning that phrase would take on. This is without a doubt thegreatest challenge Giant has ever faced in its 14-year history and certainly the greatest of ourprofessional careers. And yet, despite the challenge and uncertainty, the support and love from ourGiant families and staff have reminded us that social distancing does not mean social isolation. We areall in this together. You have shared your fondest memories of Giant with us, laughed together duringvirtual classes, and shed tears of sadness with each other when distancing seemed to be too much tobear. It is this deep connection through thick and thin that reminds us we WILL be together again andwe WILL come back stronger. And when we do finally get to open our doors and welcome your familyback with eager and joyful hearts, know that your support will not be taken for granted nor everforgotten.
So What’s Next?
In the coming weeks, information will be disseminated by the governing bodies regarding when and howthe State will reopen. Though unsure of what phase gymnastics facilities will be advised to reopen in, weare all too aware that there will probably not be a completely risk-free window for us to resumeoperation. However, with the insights from local and state officials as well as clarified reopeningguidelines set by the CDC and other Health Officials, we will begin to make our own Roadmap toReopening. Combine that with our integrity and solid commitment to creating a safe environment toreturn to, we are confident that when the time is right, Giant will open with a renewed sense of energyand enthusiasm and animpeccable level of cleanliness toensure safetyfor all.Please ensureyou arefollowing theguidance andexecutiveorders so thatwe can getback to normalas quickly andsafely as possible. We are in this together! Stay in touch with us through our numerous forms ofcommunication to best know when you can expect to return to gymnastics!!
John and Jen here checking in with our families again! We hope this latest message continues to find you safe and in good health during these challenging times. Everyone in the Giant family remains healthy and eager to connect with all of you again soon.
The last two weeks have been surreal. To say we have been riding a wave of emotions is an understatement, and we know all too well that most of you are dealing with your own harsh blows to reality on a daily basis as well. Our hearts go out to all of you and can only hope that each passing day brings us one step closer to the end of this altered "norm".
We are now reaching out with our best attempt at a plan. Because each day brings something new, it is very difficult to make any sort of definitive choices, but we must all continue to live life to the fullest and John and I must continue to run the business as best we can. In that light, we want to share with you where we are coming from and where we intend on going. To whatever extent necessary, every dollar we have is pledged to the recovery and rebuilding we know will need to happen. At the moment, our business has trimmed every non-essential expense and is paying as much as it can to as many staff as it can while still servicing the rent, utilities, and insurance payments. To come back strong (which means staying current with rent and retaining our amazing teachers and staff) requires careful budgeting and you can help our cause significantly.
As you know, tuition is normally charged on the 25th of the month. Our last communication stated we would not be billing April tuition as normal. Instead, we have arranged three options for you to consider. Please check your personal email for specific details.
Dear Giant Families,
We hope that all of you and your family and friends are staying safe and healthy through these challenging times. We continue to monitor the CDC guidelines, local and state official recommendations and mandates to provide a healthy and safe environment for our staff and families. We sincerely appreciate all your patience while we temporarily suspend activities another week. Our instinct during this time of uncertainty is to serve our community and to provide financial security for our employees as best we can. As a family, we have discussed ways to possibly reinvent our business to be able to serve you during this crisis, however there are some obvious constraints that limit our ability to provide full gymnastics instruction as we have traditionally done. If you have ideas, we are open to hearing your thoughts. In the meantime, please know that we are doing all we can to adapt to the circumstances and discover new ways we can serve you during such unprecedented times.
We are working on delivering videos through Facebook, YouTube and other media platforms in the near future. We will also be adding classes to our schedule when we open back up, extending makeup classes, and offering free seminars and workshops to help make up for lost time for all of our active members. We humbly ask that you stick with us and please keep your accounts active so we can keep the doors open and come back from this ready to catch up and train hard!
We are committed to monitoring the situation closely and will keep you informed of changes as they develop. It is our intent to remain transparent, and to reopen our doors to you as soon as it is safe to do so. We look forward to welcoming you again and promise to take every precaution to ensure a healthy and safe return for our families and staff. If you have any questions, suggestions or if we can be of any assistance, please email us.
All our best to you and your families.
Jen, John and the Giant Gym Staff
Last night with a sad heart we decided to suspend all Giant Gymnastics activities and close the facility effective immediately until March 22 in order to do our part in minimizing the risk of Coronavirus coming to our area. We continue to evaluate the situation daily if not more frequently. Please understand this was not an easy choice and we will continue to keep you posted on our next actions. Because we don't know what this next week will bring our communities, you will receive a higher volume of updates as we can provide them to you. Please check your email and facebook daily so that you have the most current information from Giant. You can reach us through email until further notice.
While we had proposed compelling reasons why daily routines and normal activities should go on, the time has come to put normal on pause in order to help save our local communities from the spread of the virus. Limiting the spread of the virus is the only way to slow and mitigate its massive health and financial impact on our nation. Many tears of fear, anger and dread have been shed today in making these decisions. However, rest assured that as soon as we can safely bring normalcy back to our families and staff we will be sure to do so. A few words to answer basic questions at this time.
March classes missed will have makeups available indefinitely. Please do not try to request or schedule makeups until we have released the reopening date.
Birthday parties will be called this week for rescheduling options.
All clinics and open gyms have been cancelled until further notice. Class Olympics You will be receiving updated information about Class Olympics at the end of this week.
It is our hope and intention that we can be fully operating come April. However, autopay will not be run on the 25th unless we are positive we will be open, and you will be notified of our decisions prior to any action. Any accounts with payments already made for April will be frozen until further notice. Please realize that we will do our best to monitor and reply to emails, but our resources are limited and there will most likely be a longer response time than normal. You are not being ignored and your messages very much matter to us. We will be prioritizing emails in the order of their urgency and importance, not by the day/time of which they come in.
Jen and John and the Staff at Giant Gymnastics